Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy 8 Month Birthday, Robbie

I can't believe my baby is 8 months already. I say this every month, don't I? He just started saying da-da (Joel is excited about that!) and he's rocking like he's ready to start crawling. He got xrays and a CAT scan last week, so I'll have an update on how his hip is doing later in the week. Now, back to Robbie's 8 month birthday...

If you can't tell, taking Robbie's picture with the cute little tie sticker is pretty much the highlight of the day for me. Yesterday, however, was unlike a typical birthday because I hadn't taken his pictures yet and I had a junior league meeting so I didn't come home after work. Driving home last night, I thought through my options: A) if Robbie was in good spirits when I got home, I would just take them then. If not A, then B) I would take them today and back date the post for yesterday. No biggie, I know y'all wouldn't have noticed.

We all know from last month, I only get one shot at these. Timing is everything.

Well my friends, to my surprise, this is the first thing I see when I get home...


Looking over at my weary husband, rocking our passed-out son, I whimper, "What did you do? Is that what he wore? How did they turn out?!"

My wonderful husband, with the best of intentions, decided to take the pictures on his own. How did Joel put it? "It wasn't fair to Robbie to not take the pictures on his actual birthday."

So without further ado, here are the (only) pictures Joel got last night...




I can't help but laugh at these pictures and the whole situation! Like I said, the best intentions. I love you for trying, Joel. Thanks for holding down the fort and keeping tradition alive last night. Happy 8 month birthday, Robbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment