Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Big Day Tomorrow

Well here we are. Less than 24 hours away from Robbie's hip surgery. I'm definitely going through mixed emotions.

On one hand, I'm so excited to get this surgery over with! Geez, it's been weighing on us for 2 years. It's also been incredibly hard to keep him healthy and I'm relieved that we made it. Robbie had to stay healthy for 2 full months in order to move forward with this surgery. Our window was small - only June or July could the surgery take place. If he got sick anytime leading up to these months, surgery would have to wait until next summer. I've heard that a 3 year old in a body cast is more difficult than a 2 year old in a body cast. BUT he stayed healthy so we overcame that hurdle!

On the other hand, I'm so fearful of any complications. All the bad memories of Robbie's hip surgeries when he was 2 weeks old are rushing back. I know what could happen and that's not good for my peace of mind. Life was so much simpler when I was naïve and didn't know what I know now.

I constantly go back to Jeremiah 29:11. I have to just trust in God that everything will be okay. It helps when I say it out loud.

Following surgery, it will be a very long road to recovery. He will be in a body cast for 6-12 weeks and then it will take a couple of months for him to fully recover and walk again.

We'll keep you posted on what I shall call Robbie's hip adventures! That's glass half full, people :)

We'll see you on the other side of surgery! Please keep us in your prayers.

June 2012
 
June 2014
 

No comments:

Post a Comment