Monday, August 20, 2012

Our Big Boy

This weekend reminded me of something that happened about two months ago. After church one night, a grandmother came up to us to take a peek at Robbie in his stroller. She sweetly said, "What a big boy. He doesn't miss a meal, does he?" This was the first time a total stranger was seeing Robbie, someone who didn't know anything about him. I looked at Joel, not sure how to respond. All kinds of things were running through my head. Do I tell her that his esophagus and stomach wasn't attached at birth? Do I tell her about the feeding tubes and TPN? Do I tell her that he's been NPO so many times that I have lost count? Or do I just tell her thank you? For whatever reason, I ended up sharing a little of Robbie's story with her and she was surprised. She said that he looked big and strong, like a healthy baby boy. She was absolutely right and that made my heart smile. As I went through racks of 9 month clothes this weekend, I found myself remembering what that grandmother said and it made my heart smile again. I do indeed have a BIG boy! I am so, so thankful for God's blessings!

Robbie goes to his pediatrician next week for his 6 month check up. I can't wait to see how much he weighs. I'd put him on our scale at home but I tripped and broke it a few weeks ago. It's a shame, I know.

Robbie had several firsts this weekend - first shopping trip for clothes, first birthday party (his GG turned 85 years old!), first time to play with bath toys, first time to wear pajamas (not a onesie) to bed/wedge AND first time to roll over from his tummy to his back.

So proud of this big boy! I pray that God continues to bless and protect him.

 


1 comment:

  1. I miss you!!! God brought you through a wild journey. There was a reason for it all, you'll see it all come full circle one day. So proud of you & little Robbie! He is so precious and such a big boy :)

    ReplyDelete