Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sea Isle City 2013

Can I get a fist pump for Jersey Shore 2013!

My mom gets a beach house in Sea Isle City, New Jersey every summer and invites my entire family to come. This year all the Oonks made it, which made this our first ever family vacation too.

I stressed myself out leading up to our first day of travel - mostly worrying that Robbie would get sick before the trip, worrying that Robbie would get sick during the trip - but everything turned out just the way it was meant to be. With the exception of two cranky nights due to teething, everything about our vacation was perfect! Robbie did great on the flights, we all had a blast at the beach and even spent an evening on the boardwalk in Ocean City. Avery reunited with my nieces and nephew (she hadn't seen since our wedding), my co-worker who lives in Philadelphia came to visit with her little guy (we were pregnant at the same time) and Robbie got to meet his great Aunts and Uncles and cousins. All in all, this vacation is now one of my fondest memories. My mom works so hard all year to give us this experience and I am so thankful to her for it. I hope we can do the same for her and my Dad when she decides to retire. It's been a very long, hard year for us and we finally had the opportunity to take a break from reality to truly rest and relax.

I cannot wait until next year's trip...maybe I'll even ask for two weeks off! Here are a few pictures from the week. Please don't mind the bruise (AKA ashes) on Robbie's forehead from an incident that happened with a bed mid week. I will say no more. God is so good to us!

First plane ride

 He loves his sister so much

Day 1 - first sight of the ocean, ran to the sand then stopped - would go no further

Day 1 - he HATED it up close, wouldn't even put his feet in

Ocean City - Carousel ride. I know, I picked a lame first ride...it's not even a horse.

Ocean City - Helicopter ride

Joel and Avery

Oonks - Michaels - Baileys

He started to really like the ocean by mid week

Womb buddy Harrison - they are 2 months apart

"Hey, what do you think about all this sand?"
 
Surf's up, dude!

Too much going on for Robbie to focus here

Robbie, please look at the camera just once

My beautiful co-worker and friend Christa, preggo with #2

My niece Maggie and Avery avoiding the sun
 
My brother Stephen got in on this too
 
Robbie feel asleep on the beach every day - it was awesome!

Minutes later, Avery and I left to get ice cream and her sandwich was attacked by seagulls. My mom was not too thrilled about that. Oops!

It's hard to get a picture of yourself when you're the only one taking them

 Night out with my sister Coleen

#Ijustlikesayingjerseyshore

#missingmvp

Who doesn't walk around with a trash can on their head?

Mom-Mom and Robbie

Aunt Coleen and Robbie

Day 7 - he LOVED the ocean, would run straight in to it - no fear!
 
See you next year, Sea Isle!
 
Oonks - Michaels - Baileys - Burkes
 
 Doesn't Avery look great for 8 AM
 
Nobody ever wants vacation to end

 I know we all look happy but we were actually sad :(
 
Our little man did even better on the way home, just reading American Way like any good passenger does
 



No comments:

Post a Comment