Wednesday, July 16, 2014

3 Weeks Down

Only 3-9 weeks to go!

Robbie is a crawling machine now. He's also pulling up now too. The surgeon said that would be okay and he would probably try to stand around this time frame. I hope these are all good signs that the hip is healing very quickly.

We have our 2nd follow-up with the surgeon tomorrow AND x-rays. We will probably get confirmation when the cast is expected to come off. We pray we are on track for 6 weeks. That would be so wonderful.

So the SURPRISE is here!! Drum roll please...it is a monster truck table! It's so awesome and we will definitely put it to great use!

About 1 week before the surgery, I started googling spica casts. I felt like it was time for us to start learning a little about this thing. We came across some great sites - how to change a diaper (this was a life saver!), ideas to cool the cast (blow dryer is used more on the cast than my hair now) and the Ivy Rose custom spica chairs.

This amazing and creative woman hand makes chairs, custom to cast measurements, to help kiddos sit completely upright. It also has a table/reverse side chalk board (cool!) that wraps around them so they can sit and eat and play. As you've seen in recent pictures, Robbie is almost always in an incline, which makes it really hard for him to eat and play without help. Plus she will design it any way you want. Any way you want?! WE HAD TO HAVE IT!

Obviously we couldn't order it until we had his measurements and it took about 2 weeks to design and ship. So when the chair arrived yesterday, I couldn't wait to open it. Thankfully Joel came home earlier than usual and he assembled it right away. Robbie LOVES it. All he says is "Big truck, get in big truck." It was good timing too. Robbie found his other big truck (from Christmas) behind the couch and he was so upset that he couldn't sit in it. This, I think, made up for it!

So 1 more week down and a big day tomorrow. We can't wait to hear what the surgeon has to say. I don't want to get my hopes up but I feel really good about tomorrow. We shall see! xoxo










 

No comments:

Post a Comment