Monday, March 4, 2013

Robbie's 1st Birthday Party

We have a one year old! Is it just me or does the birthday party make it finally seem real?

After days of trying to think of a creative Leap Year theme, I gave up and decided to go with the classic train idea. What little boy doesn't love trains, especially when you have one that runs behind your house several times a day causing you to look around wondering why the loud noise. Oh how we love trains. Once the party was underway, it didn't take long for Robbie to notice all the presents or should I say notice all the paper. He got so many awesome gifts, everyone was too generous. This was also Robbie's first time to eat cake icing and ice cream, which he loved, loved, loved.

Thank you to our family and friends for coming and making the day so special. The party was the best way to celebrate Robbie's first year of life! When I look at these pictures, and the hundreds of pictures I took over the past 12 months, all I see is how happy Robbie is and how blessed we are. We look forward to celebrating many many more birthdays. Not to mention I'm especially excited for his 4th/1st birthday, which I already have a theme for :)
 
PS I'd like to give a special shout-out to my friend Andrea, also known as Photography by Andrea Thompson. Andrea asked if she could take a few pictures at the party and of course I said yes. This morning, she gave me a CD of over a hundred edited pictures. I was beyond surprised and grateful for her capturing so many first moments for us. Thank you so much, Andrea!

You've come a loooong way, baby! Until next year, happy birthday Robbie!


 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment