Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Code Black

Severe weather, what? I didn't even know it was going to rain today. Robbie and I had just started his bottle and I hear Code Grey over the announcement. I didn't really think anything of it until our nurse came up and asked if I wanted her to do his feeding just in case we had to move. Move? Move where? Robbie doesn't really move anywhere in the hospital unless he's headed to surgery or for MRIs. Less than 5 minutes later, I hear Code Black over the announcement. So all the little babies were quickly moved out of their pods, bed and all, and into the hall in case a tornado came through. Everyone was so calm about it. It didn't seem like a big deal at all. How's that for a little excitement on a Tuesday :)

Robbie update: he is doing great! Today we got the official word that he will be on his antibiotics for 6 weeks, he's already been on them for 2 weeks. This means 4 more weeks in the hospital. His Orthopedic Surgeon came by today and said his open wound (from surgery #4) is healing very nicely. I can't look at it so I'll take his word. He's also seeing great movement in his left foot. He would have liked to have seen more flexing of his left knee today but, because of the damage to his muscle, it just needs extra time to heal. Robbie pulled his feeding tube out on Sunday (no surprise!) and is back on the bottle doing 80 ml per feeding. I think he's really truly recovering now because he's eating and sleeping great! I'm so proud of this little boy!

Thank you again for everyone's thoughts and prayers! Please continue to pray for speedy healing and recovery and no setbacks. I'm ready to get this kiddo home!!

"Code Black, ain't no thang! PS please excuse my newborn rash."

4 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle, it's April (emilys friend from Houston). She told me everything that is going on with you guys and I can't stop thinking of baby Robbie. I have been praying for him since Saturday and it is so good to see a good report on him! Big prayers for you all. I know you are a woman of faith so let me share with you henry's life verse from when he was baptized....be strong and courageous. Do not be discouraged, do not be afraid- for the lord your god will be with you wherever you may go. Joshua 1:9
    Go Robbie go!
    April roy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on Robbie! You guys are doing great and know we are all cheering and praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Robbie! So glad to hear he is recovering well. And that was definitely an exciting Tuesday - good to know that staff at the hospitals don't panic in a situation like that!! Will continue to pray for the little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that guy! He even looks SO much better from just that little picture! I love to hear this positive report & can hear it in your words that you are so happy & thankful. I'm continuing to pray for healing & positive progress. Get well, Robbie... you've got to plan your run for the White House :)

    ReplyDelete