Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Robbie

I know, I'm a day behind :(

We had a very stressful day at the hospital yesterday and I ended up spending the night there. Regardless, happy 1 month birthday, Robert Hayden!

You would never believe the kind of month Robbie has had when you see this sweet look on his face. What an awesome 1 month birthday picture to capture yesterday! Nice job, daddy!


I don't really have an update to provide at this time. Everything is still "wait and see." We had a scare last night that he would need surgery again this morning but, when the Orthopedic Surgeon came to Robbie's bedside first thing this morning, several factors convinced him to hold off. What a relief!!

Today we participated in a Care Conference with the heads of Robbie's medical care team. With so many people involved in Robbie's care, this meeting gave us an opportunity to ask specific questions about where we go from here and to express a few concerns we've had to the entire team at once. It might be the business woman in me but I really appreciated this type of formal meeting. It was especially comforting to hear them discuss solutions as a team to accommodate all of Robbie's needs (and there are many!) as well as ours. If we had know about Care Conferences when we first entered the NICU world, we would have definitely requested it sooner.

To be honest, "wait and see" is not a fun place to be when we talk about the present but it's a lot of fun to talk about "wait and see" in the future. I cannot wait and see how many amazing things Robbie will do in life! BTW we already have his career and future planned out as well as thoughts on his made-for-TV movie ;)

Robbie, may God continue to bless and protect you. We love you, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment